On December 20th of last year, President Trump signed the Farm Bill, opening the flood gates of a new industry, CBD. Today, there are more than 1000 domestic brands at market. (Brightfield Group)
Since Trump's signature, cbdMD Inc. has become a top 20 brand by "owning the sports lane." (Bethany Gomez, Managing Director of Brightfield Group) The only American CBD brand listed on the NYSE ($YCBD), the THC-free brand is on track to do $35 million in sales during calendar 2019, cbdMD President and co-Founder, Caryn Dunayer, is the architect of the innovative, industry-first sports marketing campaigns which partner the brand with compelling testimonials from celebrity athletes and televised sports leagues just a few of whom include Bubba Watson (first PGA player to endorse a CBD brand), Olympic stars and Tokyo hopefuls, Kerri Walsh Jennings and Lolo Jones, UFC superstar Jorge Masvidal, Ice Cube's Big3 league (CBS), Bellator MMA (DAZN), Monster Energy Supercross (NBC), the World Surf Leagues' "cbdMD Jaws Big Wave Championship' (FOX Sports; event is in season) and many more.
Since the Farm Bill was signed, some of cbdMD's highlights include:
- Top 20 brand out of more than 1000 domestic CBD brands (Brightfield Group
- #1 in unaided awareness and satisfaction for top brands (Brightfield Group survey)
- #1 in Facebook followers & #2 Instagram followers for CBD brands
- Regularly top 3 in overall share of voice for CBD brands (#1 October, 2019)
- Sold online and at more than 3000 retailers across the country
- First CBD to advertise in Rolling Stone, Elle and others
- First CBD to advertise on the digital boards in Times Square. New Year's Eve 2018 (Countdown to 2019)
- First CBD to sponsor a PGA player (Bubba Watson, logo on visor)
- First CBD to sponsor a major, televised league (Big3)
- CBD sponsor of hugely popular podcasts including Joe Rogan and Dax Shepard
- Advertiser on Barstool Sports and with Influencers Joe Jonas and Amanda Cerny
- cbdMD President was one of three executives invited to sit on the "Cannabis & Sport" panel at Street & Smith's prestigious "Sports Business Symposium"
In 2019, executives and celebrity partners have discussed cbdMD's business model and effectiveness with media outlets including:
Yahoo Finance Forbes TMZ
Cheddar The Daily Mail FanSided
The Street CNN Golf Channel
Steven A Smith (radio) Bloomberg Golf Digest
Jim Rome (radio) Washington Post Bleacher Report
Dan Patrick (radio) Benzinga One37PM
Athlete Partners (Social following)
Two-Time Master Champion, Bubba Watson (3.2 M)
UFC Superstar and BMF Champ, Jorge Masvidal (1.9 M)
Summer and Winter Olympian, Lolo Jones (1.3 M)
US Olympic Volleyball Icon, Kerri Walsh Jennings (700k)
Motorsports Legend and Viral Video Star, Ken Block (12.5 M) (YouTube link)
The NFL Today, Good Morning Football and Extra TV Commentator and Former NFL player, Nate Burleson (350k)
Former NFL Player and TV Commentator, Steve Smith Sr.
Big Wave Surfing Legend and former “Jaws Big Wave” Champion, Makua Rothman
7-Time Mr. Olympia- Flex Lewis (3.1 M)
Legendary Skateboarder, Ryan Sheckler (8.3 M) and Pro Skater Zion Wright
MMA Celebrities Chael Sonnen (1M), Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (2 M), Jessica-Rose Clark and Tyron Woodley (1.8 M)
BMX and FMX Stars Vicki Golden (“Evel Live 2”), Tara Geiger, Ryan Williams, Chad Reed (1.25 M), Nate Adams, Robert Haslam, Brandon Schmidt, Destin Cantrell and many more.
cbdMD is the “Official CBD Of” & the first CBD Sponsor of these Televised Leagues (Social following)
Big3 - CBS and CBS Sports Network (1 M)
Monster Energy Supercross and the Monster Energy Cup- NBC (4.8 M)
Bellator MMA- DAZN and Paramount TV (4.6 M)
World Surf Leagues’ “cbdMD Jaws Big Wave Championship”- FS1 & FS2 (12.3 m)
In the first partnership of its kind in the CBD industry, cbdMD is the “Official CBD” of Life Time, a chain of luxury athletic resort health clubs. Privately held (but valued at about $1.75 billion), this partnership provides cbdMD access to Life Time’s nearly 2 million health conscious members through in-club signage, membership marketing and title sponsorship of major events like the Miami Life Time Triathlon.